Hello Horizon students! You have been fortunate enough to have had a foreign exchange teacher, Ms. Shalini, in your classroom for a semester. I have enjoyed discussing my experiences with you, and have also enjoyed hearing about your cultural experiences with an Indian teacher. I hope you have fun checking out the blog. Please post a response to any of the questions below. Be sure to include your first and last name, grade level, and class period at the bottom of each post. Please print out your response and bring it to school to share in a class discussion. I would highly encourage you to read other student’s responses and build on their discussions as well. You can also post a second response anywhere on the blog, just be sure to print that out as well. Check out the index to the right and review the blog thoroughly. Thanks for sharing!
1. What did you learn about being an American citizen and what did you learn about your OWN culture after having a foreign teacher in the classroom?
2. What do you respect most about Indian people, culture, and traditions after meeting Ms. Shalini and watching Ms. Reynolds’ presentation on her experiences in India?
3. If you were to go to India, what would you do, where would you want to visit, and what would you want to experience? Why?
4. What did you learn after watching Ms. Reynolds’ presentation on India? How did this presentation make you reflect on your own views of the world and your own values?
5. If you could change anything about your semester with Ms. Shalini, what would you change?
6. Would you say that you are a more knowing person after this experience? A more worldly person after this experience? A more cultured person? Please reflect and tell me how you have changed.
DO NOT FORGET TO CHECK OUT THE REST OF THE BLOG AND LEAVE POSTS UNDER DIFFERENT SECTIONS! I AM PROUD OF ALL YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED. THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS EXPERIENCE WITH ME!